Contact us

To contact for latest UAE Labour Law updates, queries and questions related to UAE law and visa issues, join our facebook group and get instant answers on your queries. 

After joining below mentioned group, create a post and get answer in comments by the admin.

Join Group: UAE Labour Law Group

Wanted to be a writer for us? Yes you can become an author.

We are looking for contributors to help make this UAE Favorite platform the ultimate guide for residents, tourists and businesses. Get in touch if you can provide useful info about UAE or if you can answer people questions.

To contact send your email with subject “Contribution”.

Address: Aweer, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Our official channels are:


  1. My visa is a Freezone (Unlimited) Visa in Technopark which is supposed to end in April 2020. I have resigned from my company. Does the rule of 45-day deduction from my settlement/ salary apply to freezone visas also?

    1. Yes, 45 days full salary will be deducted from your settlement, and for the last contract you will not be entitled for gratuity as you (employee) resigned.

      For more we recommend you to read the official UAE Labour Law Articles specially title 3 and title 7 through below link

      Read this Law

    2. Hi.. I just want to ask, what if employer is not following the rules, about gratuity or all the law, can someone call the employer and explain to them? maybe they are not aware, specially about gratuity of employees.. I suggest to call those employers that are not following their rules

  2. Good Morning
    I have a limited contract MOL and it is written in my contract that my probation period is 6 months and my contract is of Restaurant coffee shop manager. I signed this contract at 12 June 2019. Now i have an offer from another company having more salaray with same designation. I resigned at 22nd December 2019. But my company is saying that they will ban me.
    I started to work in dubai 2016 and in 2018 i renewd my contract and visa status is changed from staff to a restaurant manager and then in 2019 I changed a company and signed limited contract with them at 12 june 2019.
    My question is that y i will be banned. If I finished my probation period and i am getting a good offer from another company from 3000 aed to 3750 aed. Which is mentioned in my new offer letter from new company.

    1. If you have completed the probation period and don't wanted to apply for residence visa with the same sponsor, you cannot face ban. get offer letter from new company, sign it and let them apply for new visa process.

  3. Replies
    1. Sir. I want to ask how can I calculate my gratuity as I fall under house hold category my work is Captain of a big private yatch and I am receiving AED 15,000 per month and I am with this employer since October 22, 2011 and I intend to transfer to another company this coming October 2020.. please can you show me how to calculate my gratuity..

  4. Hi,
    I left my company due to non payment of salary for 4 months and my owner placed absconding on me even though he is the one who told me to leave because i wasn't able to survive with travelling expenses and everything. I removed my absconding from labour and even cancelled my visa from aweer immigration but they gave me one year ban for nothing. Please suggest is there any way to remove labour and immigration ban because i have another work opportunity in DAFZA (dubai airport freezone)


    1. Hello Neha Abbas
      Thank you for your comments, have you checked our below mentioned guide regarding Ban in UAE?
      Link: Ban in UAE

  5. sir I would like to ask for Gratuity calculation for house hold workers as my visa falls on this category.. I am a Captain of Yatch and I am receiving AED15,000 per month.. I am with my employer since 2011 and I intend to transfer to another company by end of my contract.. please can you tell me how can I calculate my gratuity.

    1. Thank You for your comments ANDREW As per your comments, you are having a house hold visa also known as domestic helper visa. to calculate your gratuity online, you need to visit or below website links. Gratuity calculator UAE specific for domestic workers is available on ministry of labour website, you can calculate on it and can print the final settlement page if require.
      Link: 1 - Gratuity Guide
      Link: 2 - Mohre Site

  6. Sir please help me... my medical finish 13 July 2019 .but my company speak ur Visa renewal not done.but i checking my Visa status online Visa status show... what i do please

  7. I have some non payment of salary for 4 month problem and i have already complain in MOHRE...n got the letter for making case against employer in Dubai court ...wanted to know how to register a case online in dubai court as court is closed for unlimited time and what is the procedure for this..


  8. My resident visa has been cancelled when I check with immigration people for overstay fine over the phone 8005111 and email they said there will be no fine during flights suspension as I can't go back. Flights to India are open a couple of days ago but not to my state and now there is AED 1000 fine for overstay for 40 days. I've no clue what to do I visited Amer centre and they request for removal.
    Please kindly advise me on this

  9. I would like to know more details regarding renewal of residency Visa. As I
    have seen in news that the visa fine have waived off by uae government as
    our visa was expired before March 1 2020 and we were supposed to pay fine
    as we got a call from authoritie on April 21th 2020 , but immediately after
    that it is lockdown all our uae and tassel was closed and we couldn't do
    anything. Now we want to renew our visa without existing as our children
    are studying here and we are more concerned about they studies too if we
    leave back to our home country it will be very difficult for us to catch up.
    We want to renew our visa without existing . Please , we don't have any other choice other than renewing visa
    stay here. We hope to get positive reply from your side.

  10. I am speaking on behalf of a friend who was given a termination by his company approved by MOHRE. She refused to work at a hospital due to fear of COVID. However, while she was given a termination letter at same time, she was asked to report to the school (she used)to clean for 5 days time until she receive a notification from MOHRE on the complaint from the company she worked for a cleaner. What is the best thing she can do now. As of this moment she is still cleaning at the school. Appreciate your answer. Thanks.

  11. No more replies after March from the team..have you stopped your advisory service ?

    1. Yes we are busy a bit but we are replying too.

      People are commenting on wrong pages, those who are leaving comments on related pages are getting replies,

      for example if you have a query related to visa status, you should leave your message/comment/question on UAE visa status page.

  12. Hi,
    My employment visa got cancelled on 14 july and 12 August is my last day to exit uae.

    Am i eligible for one month grace period which announced on 10 August ( from 11 August to 10 September). Please advise

  13. Hi sir
    Sir I want to know I exit from uae I didn't pay fine after that my eye scan but my wish I love Dubai I want to back Dubai so kindly sir inform me how I'll come back to Dubai

  14. Hello. I worked at my previous job until end of November when I contracted Covid at my place of work because the company didn't follow government rules on social distancing and number of people allowed to gather at one place.
    During December I was in the hospital for 2 weeks with Covid and spent another 2 weeks recovering at home care.
    I resigned from my job on the 28th of November.
    I am trying to get my final pay, which includes my salary for the month of November but the company is refusing to pay, claiming they will take my November salary as I didn't work my notice.
    I was unable to work notice due to sickness. Why are they taking my money that I earned working in November?
    Please help.

  15. Hi now Pakistani visit visa open ?

  16. Dears, its has been one year since my ICA status is red, kindly help, thank you.

    1. Thank You for contact us
      What is your visa status now? it look likes your visa must be cancelled or expired?
      Please update. Thanks